In rememberance...

News and views from Quizland.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

In rememberance...

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:45 pm

News came through on Sunday that the quiz community has lost another of its members - Neil Phillips (from the Kettering area), a long time attendee of GPs sadly passed-away last Thursday. He had been taken ill about 10 days previously and his death is a great shock to us. He will be very sadly missed. He was such a well-liked, warm, kind, helpful and inoffensive chap, with a rich knowledge of music.

Neil Phillip's daughter, Sarah, posted news on Facebook, saying:

"Hello. This is Sarah Phillips here, Neil's daughter. I just wanted to let you all know that very sadly my dad passed away on Thursday night after fighting pneumonia and septicaemia for a week and a half. The family are all very sad but glad that he went peacefully in the end.

I know dad was a very private man but he loved his quizzes and music concerts etc. more than any other person! Thank you to any of you who made dad happier by sharing one of these memories with him.

The funeral will be at Kettering crematorium, NN16 8XE, 11:00am on Monday 12th February should any of you wish to pay your respects. If you could please pass this on to anyone you think would like to know, who dad doesn't have on facebook. Thank you."

Also lost to us recently was Mike Abbott, a denizen of the South Coast who not long ago had moved to the Isle of Wight. We heard in early January that he'd died a couple of days before Xmas. We will miss his friendly presence too. R.I.P. both.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Return to “Quiz News”