GFQ

For prize quizzers looking for answers. We have a strict policy of NOT allowing people to post answers publicly so that we don't spoil the quiz for other people. Giving clues is fine though.
limpy
Quizzer
Quizzer

GFQ

Postby limpy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Has anyone who does GFQ actually solved no 28?

An affirmation may give me the will to press on.

L

limpy
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: GFQ

Postby limpy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:11 pm

The will is slowly ebbing away (as is the deadline date) :D .

Anyone prepared to give a clue?
Last edited by limpy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

NippyDoreen
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby NippyDoreen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi,

I don't enter the GFQ but I regularly used to do the GBQ. I look at the questions from the GFQ and this month I found some sort of answer for everything except Q28... so although this Q suggests I should now be "helped" I still have no idea what is being sought.

Did you get anywhere with this one?

DV

panurge
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby panurge » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Now that the posting deadline has passed, all I could think of was the days of the week in French. You start with the last letter of Lundi (I), then the 2nd to last letter of Mardi (D), and so on until the 7th last letter of Dimanche (I). Dunno if that's the answer, but that's what I went for.

limpy
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby limpy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:57 pm

panurge wrote:Now that the posting deadline has passed, all I could think of was the days of the week in French. You start with the last letter of Lundi (I), then the 2nd to last letter of Mardi (D), and so on until the 7th last letter of Dimanche (I). Dunno if that's the answer, but that's what I went for.

Ye Gods!

If that is right (and it works so I'm sure you're right) then I think I'm getting too old for Great FUN Quiz :lol: my little grey cells can't cope any more. :cry:

limpy
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby limpy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:32 pm

limpy wrote:
panurge wrote:Now that the posting deadline has passed, all I could think of was the days of the week in French. You start with the last letter of Lundi (I), then the 2nd to last letter of Mardi (D), and so on until the 7th last letter of Dimanche (I). Dunno if that's the answer, but that's what I went for.

Well done on being 1 of 25% but got this one right.

Hope this month's is a bit more straightforward.

L

Return to “Prize Quizzers”