Northants Grand Prix - Sign-up Page

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Northants Grand Prix - Sign-up Page

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:13 pm

As if it needed saying, I'm very much looking forward to this weekend's Grand Prix. Nic Paul et al are always perfect hosts and the standard of quizzing as good as you'll enjoy anywhere in the country. It's also a day chock-full of quizzes, with some great stuff tacked-onto the usual programme, seeing folk quiz well into the evening. This is facilitated thanks to the Nic and other question providers, to the generosity of the venue, and the excellent grub available on the day, lunch buffet and evening curry (the latter solely for those who’ve place orders in advance!).

On the Individual Quiz front, there's a few milestones and potential milestones to note, having regard also to our most recent two GPs in 2012...

Of the 61 people who have, over the years, enjoyed a 'Genre' win, no fewer than four names have been added to the list in 2012. The January event in Coventry saw Iain Thoms (in only his second event) take Sport, and in Lifestyle, Barry Humphrey shared the genre with Andy Tucker. Then in Altofts, Mark Walton won the sport genre and Lifestyle was again shared, this time by maiden-winner Anne Hegerty and one of the doyens of the genre, Chris Quinn.

Other milestones established at Altofts in February saw Kevin Ashman win the Art & Culture genre for an amazing 25th time, and in Civilisation Jesse Honey enjoyed his 10th win. Altofts was Jesse’s second successive GP win, so Northampton sees him on a hat-trick. There hasn’t been an occasion when one person won three in a row since 2010, when Pat Gibson twice achieved the feat (indeed, early in the year he took four in a row), although both Pat and Kevin did manage successive wins in 2011. Let’s see come Saturday if Jesse can become only the second person ever to enjoy a hat-trick of GP wins!

As if to prove the veracity of my comment regarding Chris Quinn and the Lifestyle genre, looking forward I see he is just one win short of tying Pat Gibson with a record 15 victories. It will also be interesting to see if anyone wins the genre outright. As mentioned earlier, the last two GPs have seen honours shared, and while that is in itself unprecedented, to see a genre shared three events running would be quite amazing.

Roll on Saturday…
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

KenOwen
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby KenOwen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:56 am

Still trying to finalise things, but all being well.......

Dick Cribb
Pat Collet
Ken Owen

for all day, and partaking of the curry.

Ken

Ken, I presume that's 3x chicken curries? Nic needs to know. Tx. Chris

Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jane » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 am

We are very pleased to announce that this event will be the first to carry World Quizzing Rankings points. We will explain more about this at the event, but details can also be found here: viewforum.php?f=31

Jane x

bigvern
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby bigvern » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:06 am

I look forward to welcoming everybody to Duston for the Northants charity Grand Prix on saturday. We will be holding a raffle again this year(this years recipients will be a local Autism charity) so any raffle prizes will be much appreciated. The curry will be served at about 6pm and followed by 'Fun' quizzing. If any body has any quiz sets they would like to share please bring them along. If anybody has any problems/questions call me on 07845 395 855 or message me on this site or on Facebook.
See you all on saturday
Nic Paul

bigvern
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby bigvern » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:10 am

three more names.
Kate Rowe
Dave Abdy both first timers.
Pat Gibson who i don't think is a first timer!

KenOwen
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby KenOwen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:14 pm

KenOwen wrote:Still trying to finalise things, but all being well.......

Dick Cribb
Pat Collet
Ken Owen

for all day, and partaking of the curry.

Ken

Ken, I presume that's 3x chicken curries? Nic needs to know. Tx. Chris

Chris, in two previous posts, Nic only referred to a chicken curry being available. Hence I didn't think I had to specify. IF there are other options, please confirm, and I will check with Dick and Pat - no point my doing so if there are no alternatives!

Cheers

Ken

bigvern
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby bigvern » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi Ken
It is only chicken curry on the menu.
Nic

noox
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby noox » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Chris, terribly sorry but Mike Foden is unable to make this weekend...could you cross him off the list, please?
Nic, sorry to mess you about, but could you re-instate three of those curries that I cancellrd the other day...pretty please?
Keith

bigvern
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby bigvern » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 am

Should be able to sort that Keith.

thegreed
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby thegreed » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I will be coming to my first Grand Prix this Saturday, so just posting so I could be put on the list for food and attendance. Look forward to meeting those of you that I haven't already,

Best wishes,

Sam Goodyear

See you Saturday Sam! All the best, Chris

Return to “Archive (past events)”