Saturday night curry in Lichfield anyone?

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday night curry in Lichfield anyone?

Postby Chris » Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Calling quizzers and friends staying 'in' Lichfield on Saturday night. Are you up for a curry? If so, please post below.

I say "staying 'in' Lichfield" because with a late finish to the event, and from past experience, it's likely we'll be eating rather later than anyone undertaking a long journey home will perhaps be comfortable with. So, however, if you've no concerns about what time you'll be heading home, then feel free to join-in even if you're not in the 'staying in Lichfield' camp.

I'm looking to make a booking in the next 24 hours [eating circa 9pm Saturday - it's certainly unlikely to be any earlier] so please don't delay if you want to join the eight of us who've already declared an interest (Ken Owen et al, Jane, Caleb and Peiying, and yours truly).
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

AnotherAnne
Grand Master Quizzer
Grand Master Quizzer

Re: Saturday night curry in Lichfield anyone?

Postby AnotherAnne » Tue May 29, 2012 5:54 pm

If it's that late, I might give it a miss. Presumably those of us who want to eat earlier could get a meal at the hotel, could we?

Absolutely. They'll be more than happy to serve you! Chris

EdPayne
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby EdPayne » Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Chris, I've booked in at the hotel Friday and Saturday nights so put me down for the curry if that's ok? Ed,

Sure thing. Chris

Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jane » Tue May 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Lucy and I will be there, as will Caleb and Peiying xxx

Great. It will be lovely to meet Caleb and Peiying and fantastic to see Lucy again. Carcassone seems like a lifetime ago! Chris

colindaff
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby colindaff » Tue May 29, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm staying Saturday night, so I'll be up for it.

Goctha! Chris

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

I've spoken to a handy (and recommended) restaurant who is putting a set-price meal option together for us. Obviously if 30 people went together to the restaurant an hour could be consumed just reading the menu and conveying our orders - much better if we can go with an advance idea of what we're having/paying so the restaurant's job is made easier and the service we receive is better.

He'd suggested a 3-course option at £20 a head but I've asked him to come up with something closer to £15. So likely it will be pappadums for starter followed by mains/rice & bread and sides.

Hope this meets with everyone's approval. I'll tell you more when he gets back to me tonight with more detail.
Chris Jones

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Right, I've booked us in at the QMin (pronounced 'Cumin'). The deal is £15 each [Lichfield is a bit pricey, wherever you go] and for that we're getting:

Papadoms + pickle tray

-Chicken tikka masala
-chicken Jalfrazi
-lamb rogan Josh
-vegetable Balti

Pilau rice
Nan bread

Dishes will be available for everyone as it will be served on banquet style so everyone can have bit of everything.

If you want to come along and have not yet told me, please get in touch a.s.a.p..
Chris Jones

Return to “Archive (past events)”