Saturday, Rochester : well-intentioned curry

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday, Rochester : well-intentioned curry

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 pm

For those of you coming along to the Good Intent pub after the Grand Prix this coming Saturday, it would be really helpful if we know your food preference. Each year the licensee has put a smashing curry on for us, at circa £7 a head (pay on the night), the choice being chicken or veggie.

If your name is not on the list below, please post here or otherwise let me know what you want, by tea-time Thursday please - so Ken Owen can pass details onto the pub.

Please note if you post here (or in the event sign-up thread) that you want the curry but do not specify which variety, I'll simply assume you want chicken.

Thanks!

Veggie Curry
Dick Cribb
Phil Smith
Robin Whelan

Chicken Curry
Andrew Frazer
Andy Crane*
Barry Simmons
Chris Jones
David Lea
Diane Hallagan
Ed Payne
Erik Deryck
Gareth Kingston
Iain Thoms +2
Julia Hobbs
Kathryn Johnson
Ken Owen*
Kevin Ashman*
Mark Rae*
Mark Walton
Neil Macaskill
Nick Mills
Thomas Grinyer
Tom Trogh
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

KenOwen
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Re: Saturday, Rochester : well-intentioned curry

Postby KenOwen » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 am

Below as posted in Quiz Discussion and the Rochester Sign-Up threads - trying to ensure as many as possible see it (I am conscious that a number of people, once they have signed up, don't revisit the thread)

I have arranged a get-together for a meal at a local excellent Thai Restaurant (The Limehouse/Grandma Thai), within easy walking distance of the St George's Hotel on Rochester High St, for this Friday night, July 5th.

We will be aiming for 8.30pm.

Attending so far, that I know of:

Ken Owen
Guy Swayland
Ed Payne
Kevin Ashman
Erik
Thom

There will be a chance for some informal quizzing afterwards too, possibly back at the St George's Hotel, or (and maybe more likely) at the local Wetherspoon's, in the High Street, which is open until 1am (and has excellently-priced ales). This means others who may be in Rochester, but eating elsewhere (eg Barry and Diana) could join us if they wish.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US FOR THE MEAL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, either by PM or at KenOwenUK@aol.com.

Would love to see loads of you!

Ken

Return to “Archive (past events)”