EQC 2012 in Tartu

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
worldwidemark
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Re: EQC 2012 in Tartu

Postby worldwidemark » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Ditto what Dave said

misterig
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby misterig » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Me too, although I don't land in Tallinn until 1 p.m. on the Friday, so if I get to the 5 p.m. event I will be gasping for breath and still carrying my luggage. And I've got a return flight from Tallinn at 1.30 p.m. on Sunday, 11th. Subject to that, I await my country's call.

Ian Clark

Lars
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Lars » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Two Belgians looking for international company to build a team for the aspirational cup.

Chris Lemahieu (main organizer of the successful EQC in Bruges last year) and my girlfriend Ilse Trimborn are looking for a team to compete in the aspirational cup. (There are 22 Belgians taking part, and dividing 22 by 4 leaves a remainder of 2 ...)

Are there any British people interested to join their forces with Chris and Ilse? From my personal experience in the pairs competition last year (where I teamed up with Roderick Cromar from Scotland, which we will repeat in Tartu) I know that the sheer fact of combining people from various countries gives the strength of the team a boost, as some questions are considered relatively easy by people from one country and other questions by people from another country.

Ilse has a very good knowledge of literature and also other domains of culture (like film) . Chris Lemahieu has a good general knowledge, of course. They are both nice people to have in your team. :D

If you are interested, please contact me on the following mail address, and I will get you in touch with Chris and Ilse!

Larsvanmoer@gmail.com

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Lars: We have 2 unattached English players, Neil Harrison and Jeremy Holt. I'll try and contact them both to 'invite' them.

MANY THANKS for posting Lars!
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Lars
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Lars » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks, Chris (on behalf of your Belgian namesake and on behalf of Ilse) . I look forward to news from Neil Harrison and Jeremy Holt.
(Preferably by mail to Larsvanmoer@gmail.com as I do not visit this forum very often.)

Return to “Archive (past events)”