Sign-up for December's Quiz Grand Prix

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
NickArcher
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Sign-up for December's Quiz Grand Prix

Postby NickArcher » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Please can I enter and is it OK to pay on the day? Thanks.

Nick

You may Nick, no sweat! Look forward to seeing you. Chris

DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DanielFullard » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:44 pm

I intend to make this my first appearance although have a few issues I need to solve before hand....when is the deadline for confirming?

Hiya. It would be lovely to see you. Confirmation by NEXT Wednesday would be good, but is not essential (unless you have any particular dietary requirements re lunch). I'm on my home turf and know the people at the venue well, so it's no problem if we have to amend the buffet order at the last minute (within reason). Hope you can sort out your "issues" (let us know if there's anything we perhaps can help with).

All the best

Chris

audrey
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby audrey » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:43 pm

I am assured that overnight accommodation has been reserved and so please now include me as attending.

Kind of looking forward to it, but if there is even one mention of Estonian Basketball players or Somali string quartets then watch out for a spectacular tantrum :lol:

aud

DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DanielFullard » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:21 am

DanielFullard wrote:I intend to make this my first appearance although have a few issues I need to solve before hand....when is the deadline for confirming?

Hiya. It would be lovely to see you. Confirmation by NEXT Wednesday would be good, but is not essential (unless you have any particular dietary requirements re lunch). I'm on my home turf and know the people at the venue well, so it's no problem if we have to amend the buffet order at the last minute (within reason). Hope you can sort out your "issues" (let us know if there's anything we perhaps can help with).

All the best

Chris

Ok I should have a clearer picture by end of this week how my next few weeks will shape out. I dont have any dietary issues. Thanks

kinderandy
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby kinderandy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Mission Control has okayed my EVA, so sign me up

Gladly. Chris

pantscat
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby pantscat » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 am

I intend to come to this one but cannot give a absolute definite yet as my Mum is moving house on the Friday and I intend to help her. Experience tells me that sometimes these things don't always run as smoothly as hoped. But, all being well, I'll be there.

Rob

It would be very nice to see you Rob. All the best for the move, Chris

DaveChallender
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DaveChallender » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Is there any option to attend as a spectator, or is it a matter of entrants only?
.. as I would be interested to see what the event is like but doubt I would be worthy to compete against some of those entrants already listed!
If entering is the only way to attend then put me down for it anyway.

Hi Dave, if you're not participating in the indidivual quiz then there's no more to see than there is watching someone sit a GCSE! During the marking/answers, people can be a bit more animated :lol: Likewise the afternoon is a standard, friendly team quiz and to really find out what it's like you need to participate.

Remember, first timers get a 50% discount, and you get your lunch. So, I'd say just go for it. We're a friendly lot and no one will be putting your performance under a microscope (other than, perhaps, yourself).

Cheers, Chris

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm delighted to confirm that we're now also going to be joined next weekend by quizzers in Singapore and the Philippines. #miniWQCorwhat?!

Addendum: and now looking like THREE venues in Germany.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

worldwidemark
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby worldwidemark » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 am

Oh okay then I think I'm going to be able to make this one...

Will anyone be in the Derby station area at around 10:30 (earlier is possible as well) to share a cab or offer a lift - if so I'm a definite :)

Giotto
Grand Master Quizzer
Grand Master Quizzer

Postby Giotto » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:45 am

Count me in, please
Not much in life matters, and most things don't matter at all.

Return to “Archive (past events)”