This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Zoonie
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Re: SIGN UP: BRITISH QUIZ CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013: SIGN-UP

Postby Zoonie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Please add Dave Jones, Roy Bebbington and Phil Bennion for BQC, Pairs and Hot 100.

Thanks
Dave

[Sure thing! Chris]

AdrianChalkley
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby AdrianChalkley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 am

Please add me for High/Low brow, Individuals, Pairs and Hot 100. I won't be able to make the evening session. You can put me in a from scratch pairing on the day. PayPal payment to follow.

Thanks
Adrian

KenOwen
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby KenOwen » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 am

It looks as though Dick Cribb and I will be able to be there. Huzzah!

A couple of questions/points - mainly because I haven't had chance to speak fully to Dick yet

Firstly, we can't leave on Friday until after 4pm; we MAY want to join you on Friday evening, depending on when we arrive. However, we will also want to eat - I believe I saw that the venue's last orders are at 8.30pm. Is that correct? And, if so, can we bring in a takeaway, if that makes most sense?

Secondly, I think it is probably unlikely that we will make the Highbrow/Lowbrow, but, again, I need to talk to Dick. I will try to confirm and let you know. Failing that, is it OK to do the Hi/Lo if we get there in time, and pay accordingly?

Thirdly, I am sure we will do the rest of the day's quizzes (Individuals/Pairs/Hot 100); not sure yet whether we will make a pair, or each of us be "up for grabs" as it were! Hot babes, form a queue here....

Fourthly, I am confused about the food arrangements on Saturday night. I know I read that one possibility was for a curry to be brought in to the venue - yet there were also references to potential eating houses in other parts of the town. All this being on top of the option of eating at the hotel from their "bar menu". I also believe that it was stated that this would be decided/made clear on the Saturday prior to the event (ie, last Saturday). I haven't spotted anything to that effect. Is it possible for the options to be laid out clearly for the hard of thinking, like me?

Looking forward to all your company!

Ken

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 am

Hi Ken, delighted you and Dick can make it. Some answers to your queries...

"Firstly, we can't leave on Friday until after 4pm; we MAY want to join you on Friday evening, depending on when we arrive. However, we will also want to eat - I believe I saw that the venue's last orders are at 8.30pm. Is that correct? And, if so, can we bring in a takeaway, if that makes most sense?"

Yes, last order for bar food is 8.30. I will speak to the proprietors and my guess is they'd be ok with you bringing in some takeaway food. I will endavour to confirm/refute by teatime Thursday.

"Secondly, I think it is probably unlikely that we will make the Highbrow/Lowbrow, but, again, I need to talk to Dick. I will try to confirm and let you know. Failing that, is it OK to do the Hi/Lo if we get there in time, and pay accordingly?"

Yes, sure thing.

"... I am confused about the food arrangements on Saturday night. I know I read that one possibility was for a curry to be brought in to the venue - yet there were also references to potential eating houses in other parts of the town. All this being on top of the option of eating at the hotel from their "bar menu". I also believe that it was stated that this would be decided/made clear on the Saturday prior to the event (ie, last Saturday). I haven't spotted anything to that effect. Is it possible for the options to be laid out clearly for the hard of thinking, like me?"

Apologies, I meant to follow-up. To date hardly anyone has mentioned they'd be looking for bar food so nothing to report there, except it very likely won't be available (it's simply not worth the venue having a chef kept on for one two possible food orders!). A half a dozen have expressed an interest in a curry, so WE WILL be getting a curry delivered. I will circulate a menu to interested parties on Saturday and order it towards the close of the Hot 100 quiz. You'd be more than welcome to add your order(s) to the list, or you can eat elsewhere, whatever is your preference mate!
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

seano
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby seano » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

I'll be there but not for high-brow, low-brow quiz or for evening food.

Regards

Sean O'Neill

[Cheers Sean. Tim had already let me know you'd be there! Chris]

DocJayAnd8Ball
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DocJayAnd8Ball » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi Chris. Can I register myself and my dad again please? Jamie Hall and John Hall, arriving Friday night and departing late Saturday. I think my mum will be around as well but probably in a purely social capacity.

Many thanks - Jamie

[Sure Jamie. Hope to see you Friday evening sometime! Regards, Chris]

DocJayAnd8Ball
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DocJayAnd8Ball » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi again Chris. Forgot to request a Pairs slot for me and the old man as well. Jamie and John Hall for the pairs please. Cheers - Jamie

DaveChallender
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DaveChallender » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Very last minute as only just confirmed that will have a bit of free time Saturday.

Traffic permitting the lowbrow / highbrow early event.
Will defintely be there for Individual event.
Will pay on the day.

Cannot stay for pairs and other later events.

[Hi Dave, I will endeavour to have a full set of the Pairs questions and answers for you to take away with you - same goes for anyone else missing that quiz. Chris]

Return to “Archive (past events)”