KQA MindSweep Quiz - Sun 17 May

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

KQA MindSweep Quiz - Sun 17 May

Postby Chris » Sat May 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Once again I will be proctoring the UK venue for participation in this popular quiz authored and run by the KQA in Bangalore, India. It is hoped a dozen quizzers or more will gather to take part and enjoy a buffet lunch afterwards.

Start at 12.00 noon. Buffet circa 2.45. Price £6, all-in.

Anne Hegerty, Ian Wellham, Iwan Thomas, Pat Gibson, and Pete Daniel are already expected to join me to take the quiz. How's about you then?

Please feel free to contact me if you require info on hotels etc..
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KQA MindSweep Quiz - Sun 17 May

Postby Chris » Thu May 14, 2015 9:23 pm

OK, the buffet is ordered. Latecomers please make sure you've made contact with me before turning up - so I can arrange extra papers and scran - but please, don't leave it too late!

Food will be available at 13.30 either to eat then (betwen halves, see below) or circa 3.00pm. We'll hold a vote on the day - using the 'first past the buffet' voting model.

Attendees
Amit Dee, Andrew Teale, Anne Hegerty, Arun Saraswatula (debut), Barry Simmons, Chris Jones, Ian Welham, Iwan Thomas, Kevin Ashman, Pat Gibson.

Quiz:

This year’s edition features 4 sections of 50 questions each, to be taken in two sessions of 75 minutes duration each. The sections are...

THE ARTS: Books, Films, Music, Comics, Visual Arts, Dance, Theatre

THE SCIENCES: The Exact Sciences, Biology, Wildlife, Geology, Mathematics, History of Science

SOCIAL SCIENCES: History, Geography, Ideas, Economics, Communication, Psychology

LIVING: Business,Technology, Lifestyle, Sports, Food, Popular Culture
MindSweep 2015 is set by Dibyendu Das, Varun Rajiv, Hrishi Varma and Arul Mani.
Chris Jones

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KQA MindSweep Quiz - Sun 17 May

Postby Chris » Thu May 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Congratulations to Pat Gibson, MindSweep champion for 2015. Well done also to Kevin Ashman who tied with our good friend Dorjana Sirola in Croatia for second place. Other UK players in the top 10 were Andy Tucker in 4th place and Anne Hegerty in 6th. The UK had two other finishers in the top 20, tied in 17th place with Mark Ryder of the USA and Manu Sudhakar of India were Barry Simmons, and some bloke called Chris Jones.

Full results HERE.
Chris Jones

Return to “Archive (past events)”