British Quizzing Championships - Venue Info

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

British Quizzing Championships - Venue Info

Postby Jane » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:18 am

We'll be announcing full details for the British Quizzing Championships soon, but to enable you to book hotels and transport, I can tell you that the Scottish event will be hosted by Ewan McNaught at the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh and the English event will be at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry (registration at 11am and close at the English event will be at 6.30pm with curry afterwards for anyone who would like to join us.)
Please don't try to register here, this message is just to help you plan. Full details will go up soon x

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: British Quizzing Championships - Venue Info

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:24 pm

If you're coming to the English venue by car, here's an image showing where to park on the day...

Enter from Herald Avenue. Parking is free of charge if you chose the right spot.

If coming from the West, i.e. on the A45 (Fletchamstead Highway) you will get to the club by turning into Vanguard Ave (B4101) and following signs for 'City Centre'. Follow the road as it passses around the side of the Citroen dealership and bears left into Herald Avenue [you cannot access Herald Avenue direct from the A45 due to a one-way section of the gyratory system]. Carry on along Herald Avenue, across the first roundabout (bottom left corner in the image above), and then turn LEFT into the private roads and parking just before coming to the next roundabout. If you look for signs on your left for the Triumph Sandard Club and Ofqual, you should get warning just before the turning you need. Look for the parking area as per the map above. The entrance to the club is near the top right arm of the big X I've drawn in purple. Go through the front door and go dead ahead. We are in the Vanguard Room.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Return to “Archive (past events)”