QUEST Prestwich - 7 October

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: QUEST Prestwich - 7 October

Postby Jane » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear Bob's not well. Please send him our very best regards xxx

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Aboslutely! Get better soon Bob!
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:17 pm

OK a couple of things about Saturday. Access and FOOD!

1. Apologies but access to the room we are using is via stairs. If this is going to be a problem, please let me know and I will see how best we might be able to accommodate you.

2. BUFFET NOW NOW AVAIALBLE DUE TO INSUFFICIENT INTEREST.

Post here, PM me, or e-mail me at chris@worldquizzing.com
Chris Jones

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm

More on the venue:

As can be seen from the photo above, the front door is at the top of a flight of stairs. To the right of the door frame there is a buzzer/intercom. You will need to use this to ask someone inside to release the lock, so you can get in with a timely push. On going through the front door, take the stairs to your right and procede to the top thereof where you will find the room hosting the quiz.

PARKING

The Longfield Centre car park on Rectory Lane, Prestwich (close to the Metro station) is the best place as it is free all day. It is a short walk from here to the venue, on the corner of Bury New Road and Chester Street.

Whether coming from the direction of Manchester, or Bury (likely via Jct 17 of the M60) it's best to head for the traffic lights on Bury New Rd where it is met by Fairfax Rd and Chester St. This is the crossroads where the venue (next to Riley's Sports Bar) and an M&S Food Hall face each other. Turn into Fairfax Rd (turning right if coming from Manchester, left if headed towards the city centre) and then proceed 200yds along to a right rurn into Rectory Lane (after passing a church on your left and medical centre on your right). Access to the car park is about 100yds along Rectory lane, again on your right.

Other parking is available, but may require you to move after 2 hours, or shop in Tesco etc.. See Parkopedia website.
Chris Jones

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Please note, event registration closed midnight last night.

If you have not registered but want to attend, please do so only after speaking to me and confirming a vacancy. You can contact me by PM or e-mail [chris@worldquizzing.com].

Please do not just turn up on spec on Saturday. Space is not unlimited at the venue, and I will have a finite number of quiz papers with me. We are running NINE venues up and down the country this month, and while we always 'oversupply' to each proctor, there is a limit to how many spare copies we can make available at each venue (as it is, printing and postage costs are already approaching £200 for this event).

Note also, registration was to be made timeously and via Facebook/Quizzing.co.uk only. Simply sending a payment to PayPal on the morning of the quiz does not constitute valid registration ;)

Many thanks

Chris
Chris Jones

Return to “Archive (past events)”