Quiz Apps (iphone etc)

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Quiz Apps (iphone etc)

Postby DanielFullard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 am

A few months ago I got myself an iphone and now I can actually use the thing :lol: I have started to download a range of Quiz related apps.

I am beginning to review them on my blog http://thequizaddict.blogspot.com and have started with the Only Connect App which I would recommend to anyone. I will be following this with ipubquiz and then the Trivial Pursuit App.

Regardless of that, I was wondering if any other quizzers have any mobile or tablet apps they think are worth mentioning and that they have used before or ones that are best avoided? The app store is clogged full of them so its better to know whats a hit and whats a miss.

EMon
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Quiz Apps (iphone etc)

Postby EMon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:45 pm

I have an Android phone and I've downloaded various quiz apps here and there, the Sporcle app is the best by far though.

DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DanielFullard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 pm

I saw that one advertised yesterday...............Do you have to be online to play it
once downloaded?

EMon
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby EMon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Nope, the only thing that requires Internet is to read the comments, if you really want to. It was £1.20 I think on Android Apps and there's 360 odd games on it, so nothing compared to the real site but it's still good.

DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby DanielFullard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 pm

I think its 1.49 on App store. Ill finish off with the Only Connect app and try that sometime next week

iandavid
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby iandavid » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Daniel,as you may know the first quiz app we supplied questions for was 'British Quiz' app which is a multiple choice quiz game a bit like the Eggheads format.It has 5000 questions and no question gets repeated (until you get to the end that is!).It's free on android but £1.50?? on App Store.

As a tool for our quiz venue-listing website (which is goes 'live' in January 2013),we invested a lot of money to bring out the QuizFinder app a couple of months ago now.We did not want adverts on it and wanted it free to download.Being around 1mg in size it's a very small app which 'generates' the quizzes listed each time you load the app.It's instant live google map is quicker than a sat-nav which is worth using alone.Will not go into details here but if anyone wants more info,please use the 'QUIZFINDER' thread - thanks :)
ps there is another so-called quiz-finding app on the play store but the reviews are not good and I don't think it was made from this country but India!
Ian Woolley
Quiz Britain (manager)

iandavid
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby iandavid » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Daniel,I can't seem to find the quizfinder thread I posted as I may have deleted it by mistake.
Someone asked me about the Nexus 7 tablet for reading quiz apps and have found out that all quiz apps available on google play should be able to load on this tablet.It might not display correctly as it would on a phone but you still should be able to view it.Hope this helps :D
Ian Woolley
Quiz Britain (manager)

iandavid
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby iandavid » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:29 pm

We do know of a new game app that is US based where you can apparently challenge your friends. This app has a huge database of questions (of which we are supplying many thousands) but they may charge for accessing more, so be warned.

We will update when we have more information on them.
Ian Woolley
Quiz Britain (manager)

Return to “Quiz Discussion”