World's Worst Pub Quiz

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
Bronson
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Re: World's Worst Pub Quiz

Postby Bronson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Not a pub quiz, but still rather shocking.

Watching 'Mastermind' a couple of weeks ago and the question was about which film released in 2012 starred Iron Man, The Hulk and Thor. As soon as I heard it, I knew that there would be trouble! It is a US produced film and it is called "The Avengers" there. In the UK, to avoid confusion, I suppose, with John Steed, Mother, Purdey et al, it was called "Avengers Assemble". The contestant gave the answer "The Avengers" and was not given the point! Oh deary deary! The film is called that. There was only one point in it at the end. I hope that the BBC will make it up to that poor contestant for getting it right and not being given the point.

On a happier note...on Monday, at a local pub quiz, there was a huge turnout and many new quizzers. In the picture round, there was a barely disguised photograph of a celebrity. The QM asked that the teams identify the mystery celebrity from a sheet that he had given out earlier. Somebody asked which of the photographs on the sheet he was referring to, since the pictures were not numbered. He said, "The one with Charlie Sheen in it." Oh dear! The remarkable thing was that one team got it wrong, despite the QM letting the cat out of the bag!
8-)

John

Patrick1968

Postby Patrick1968 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:41 am

I went to a quiz where the landlady, who was reading the questions, quite seriously asked the question ...where did I go on holiday last week? I thought it was a joke. Sadly, it wasn't.

Courtjester
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Courtjester » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Question asked by our local quizmaster
What is the name of Just William's sister.
Answer Violet Elizabeth Bott.

He wouldn't accept that William's surname is Brown thus his answer was wrong. That's what it says in my book he said.

Return to “Quiz Discussion”