Cleverdicks: Tribute spoilt by QM

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
audrey
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Re: Cleverdicks: Tribute spoilt by QM

Postby audrey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 am

I watched most of it on Youtube. The format was slightly better than I expected although AW sounded shrill and was dressed like a badly packed parcel.

The version I saw didn't waste any time with eliminated players which was good but I agree the format could be tweaked slightly perhaps at the head to head.

However I did find myself shouting 'that's numberwang' every time AW said 'Cleverdick' :D

Angram
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Angram » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 am

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this (mods, feel free to delete) but you can play an online version of the game on the Sky website
http://skyatlantic.sky.com/cleverdicks/cleverdicks-game

That's OK, tx. It's just ads and contestant calls we'd rather have come through us (to help pay for the site, and to filter-out those companies who mess quizzers about). Chris

mjr
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby mjr » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm

As i am watching on fast forward I may have missed it, but it seems that all the contestants are introduced by christian name only. Is this correct? Given that there are a number of familiar faces in the 10 contestants so far (e.g Hannah, Stainer, Gibbs) , surnames would have been nice for identification,

andrewteale
Candidate Master Quizzer
Candidate Master Quizzer

Postby andrewteale » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 pm

narkyiain wrote:I wonder if Rob has a long run whether he'll have to keep coming up with new reasons for his cleverdickishness.

Lion-taming?

TravisP

Postby TravisP » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:47 pm

It still amazes me how the show is on Sky Atlantic since they've been branding it as the new home for HBO programming. It should be on Sky Arts.

Does anybody know if there is a fixed amount of shows a contestant can win? I know Rob Hannah appeared on five shows, but if he didn't flop on his fifth appearance, would he continue his run?

If anybody has missed the first five shows, Sky Atlantic are airing them back to back tomorrow morning from 9am and every Saturday morning throughout the series.
Follow me on twitter with game show stuff and other rubbish http://twitter.com/travisapenery

DianeH
Candidate Master Quizzer
Candidate Master Quizzer

Postby DianeH » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm

There was no limit to the number of shows that a contestant could win, or at least we certainly weren't made aware of it if there was.

Courtjester
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Courtjester » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I have watched all episodes of the show so far and really enjoy the format. However I have now stopped watching as I can no longer put up with Anne Widdecombe's strident voice. She is obvously trying to carve out a TV career but she is not suited to being a quiz show host and I hope Sky Atlantic replace her if they keep the show going.

batleyboy
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby batleyboy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 am

Very, very grateful for the nice comments (in general) about the questions, written within demands of a framework imposed by TV folk - it's their gig and they know what the public want! Will have to try hard again if we come back to set the quizzing square within the TV show circle.

Return to “Quiz Discussion”