Mixed Martial Artists and Ultimate Fighting Championship

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
dxdtdemon
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Mixed Martial Artists and Ultimate Fighting Championship

Postby dxdtdemon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:09 am

Outside of agreeing with everything that brutalstack said, I would like to point out that in American "trash" tournaments (essentially 20 tossups with bonuses like University Challenge on popular culture), that MMA and professional wrestling are usually kept to a minimum. I play a lot of these tournaments and don't think that I've seen tossups on MMA fighters who weren't GSP or Randy Couture, and professional wrestling is usually on whoever was popular when the writers of the tournament were in high school. Other people in MMA who might be reasonable to have questions about are the Butterbean guy since he was a world champion boxer at one point, and Ronda Rousey, who won at least one Olympic medal in judo, and is a current force in women's MMA. Usually, when people go to an MMA fight, they just say that they're going since they like MMA, they don't usually have a particular favorite fighter, so it's not like there are any extremely famous-enough-for-quizzing stars being made right now.

mfarmer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Mixed Martial Artists and Ultimate Fighting Championship

Postby mfarmer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:46 am

mixed martial arts and the likes are becoming very popular nowadays that it is actually a must that quiz bee participants should really know a thing or two about this field of sports because they do come up every once on a while. there are little information readily available nowadays though so i guess it is just really about updating yourself through the sports channel as they have sports news updates regarding different marital arts too. there are some websites though that are dedicated for current happenings regarding this so you mihg twant to check those out every once in a while

Return to “Quiz Discussion”