Washington's political elite ON Jeopardy!

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Washington's political elite ON Jeopardy!

Postby Chris » Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 am

"Washingtonians this week added a new TV programme to their must-see list: the DC "Power Player" celebrity edition of the gameshow Jeopardy! It featured the same talking heads you would see flipping among news channels – former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs, CNN's Anderson Cooper and MSNBC channel's Chris Matthews. It was also a rare occasion when Washington personalities not only accepted the possibility that there is a single right response on any given issue, they were willing to accept they might not know what it is. If only they were as amenable to being corrected when it came to their reporting..."

Read the rest of this piece in The Guardian newspaper.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

HAB
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Washington's political elite ON Jeopardy!

Postby HAB » Wed May 16, 2012 9:43 pm

I seem to remember that Wolf Blitzer made an infamous appearance on Celebrity Jeopardy!. He was completely crushed by Conan O'Brien's sidekick Andy Richter, who was actually pretty good.

There are scores of videos of the episode on YouTube.

dxdtdemon
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby dxdtdemon » Fri May 18, 2012 8:33 am

HAB wrote:I seem to remember that Wolf Blitzer made an infamous appearance on Celebrity Jeopardy!. He was completely crushed by Conan O'Brien's sidekick Andy Richter, who was actually pretty good.

There are scores of videos of the episode on YouTube.

In addition, he had been in what appears to be the first Power Players Week in 1997, coming second to Oliver Stone.

mfarmer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby mfarmer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:38 am

this would be very interesting to see, I am a fan of the show and i would love to see new faces on it especially if you have been watching it for too long like me. a new addition to the host would be nice although i love the current host and i think that the job fits him well and he can really put up a good show so this is really just a bonus for viewers out there,probably something new to look forward to.

Return to “Quiz Discussion”