Mastermind Club on the web...

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mastermind Club on the web...

Postby Chris » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 am

Quite by chance I spotted on Facebook that someone had posted a reply to a. n. other's remark in the Mastermind Club FB group. I didn't know there was one. Anyhoo, perusing it - since it's been set up as an 'Open Group', and its posts are available for all to see - I spotted there's also a Mastermind Club Website.

I provide links to both (see below) for the benefit of those eligible to join, or indeed to act as a spur to those people wondering if they should go on Mastermind itself. Do it! I went to a club function in Leeds once, about 12 years ago, and had a great time among friendly, like-minded people.

Facebook Group

Mastermind Club Wesbsite
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

LesMorrell
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Re: Mastermind Club on the web...

Postby LesMorrell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Has anybody heard that they are on Mastermind 2012?

I applied in October 2011 for 2012 and have heard nothing since; I am aware that auditions have been held 4/5 weeks ago. I am concerned that they have changed the eligibility criteria after Jon Kelly's departure. This is, of course, their prerogative but they really should come clean if this is the case!.

Another change is that they do not respond to e mails nowadays whilst their past record in this respect was first class.

If they continue to behave in this way, there will soon not be a programme as contestant alienation gathers pace.

Dont think I am being paranoid- I am just very frustrated with them as I have 4 subjects prepared for no purpose it would seem.

Rant over.

DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Mastermind Club on the web...

Postby DanielFullard » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi Les!

I went to the Newcastle audition on 22nd May and was told I would hear in 4 weeks time so I am expecting word next week. She did say to me I would hear "either way" in that time so Ill be keeping an eye on my email :)

They were also auditioning at the WQC in Edinburgh (and Lichfield I believe) and of those I know who have auditioned at those events and prior to it not one has heard yet.

Ill post here as soon as I hear anything

Return to “Quiz Discussion”