Take on the Twisters

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
Courtjester
Quizzer
Quizzer

Take on the Twisters

Postby Courtjester » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Just been watching this show and have it all figured out but one detail. Anybody out there who knows whether the 3 contestants who don't feature in the final round get to keep any money they have banked. Julia Bradbury doesn't explain this which is annoying.

dreamdealer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Take on the Twisters

Postby dreamdealer » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:22 pm

No. Show is one of those where you jump through hoops to get selected then end up with a one in 4 chance of playing for the money. Then you wont win if they dont want you to. Why dont they put up on screen, for the viewers where the money is? Cos its arbitrary as to whether or not they wish you to win. Absolute garbage and will not get recommissioned. Convoluted crap like this never does.

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby davidsaunders » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 am

I agree with the last poster. I watched 2 and part of a 3rd of these (on line) and then gave up. The questions, in round 1, are far too easy, particularly when the options are given.

My biggest objection however was when the money is doubled in the second round but there is no fairness about the questions. My recollection of the last one that I saw was that the two blokes who easily won the first round (and were clearly good quizzers) were asked difficult questions in round 2. I cannot now remember what they were. Their opponents (the 2 girls who went on to play for the money) were asked "nitrous oxide is also known as laughing what?" They still had to go through the pretence of not being sure of the answer before getting their double points. I turned it off then so I do not know if they won the money. I seem to remember that the winners of the first two won thousands of pounds with very easy final questions.

I still have not worked out what the point of the twisters is and will probably never know!

Incidentally, I presume that we have all noticed the unfairness of part of the Saturday night lottery quiz. The idea of it (in round 1 anyway) is that the contestants give pairs of answers in turn. If the first pair to buzz in get it wrong, another pair can have a go. If they get it wrong, Nick Knowles gives the answer. There is no penalty for getting it wrong so a contestant can buzz in just to stop the third team from scoring. Surely the makers of the programme can see the unfairness in that (or am I misunderstanding something?).

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby davidsaunders » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 am

Embarrassingly, most of my last post should have been about the lottery quiz as they have pairs of contestants and the money doubles in round 2. Only the first paragraph was about "Take on The Twisters"

Return to “Quiz Discussion”