The birth of the ‘fictional’ quiz book

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
NormDePloom

The birth of the ‘fictional’ quiz book

Postby NormDePloom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Firstly, let me start by apologising for using this forum to advertise my e-book. I appreciate this might put people’s backs up but I hope you will forgive me once I explain why.
Basically, I have written what I like to call a ‘fictional’ quiz book called ‘Two Minutes To Quiz Night’. It is a comedy murder-mystery that revolves around eight disparately-themed pubs including a Monty Python pub called The Dead Parrot and a pub run by Satanists called The Three Sixes, who are participating in a local quiz league. However, the reason I am posting about it on here is because the book does actually contain the questions and answers, rules and tables of a genuine quiz league.
There are fourteen quizzes of sixty-four questions each, so you are getting nearly nine-hundred bona-fide questions and answers to satisfy your quizzing urges as well as what I hope you will find to be a rip-roaring story, littered with probably roughly the same amount of jokes. The jokes are by turns, controversial, corny, non-PC and some are just downright silly but I hope I have managed to include something for everyone to have a laugh at.
Not only are there serious questions in the book but you will also find out the answers to some of life’s eternally pondered conundra such as ‘Why men are prone to ‘Morning Glory’, ‘what is the one non-negotiable thing you need to do to ensure membership into the Tottenham Hotspur fan club’ and ‘why ‘cats-eyes’ were nearly never invented.’
The book is definitely an acquired taste and will not be to everyone’s liking but I hope you will give it a chance even if it is only to comment on the standard of quiz questions in it.
Once again, I apologise for using this forum for promotional purposes but, if the above has piqued your interest, you can pick up ‘Two Minutes To Quiz Night’ for £3.99 on Amazon. There is also the 'Look Inside' option which enables you to have a look at the first three chapters plus the questions of the first quiz as well, just to give you a flavour of the book.
Many thanks for your understanding
Norm De Ploom

DinaHaines

Re: The birth of the ‘fictional’ quiz book

Postby DinaHaines » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:38 am

By reading your post I am really excited to read your book "Two Minutes To Quiz Night". I will definitely read this book as soon as possible. I think I can finish reading this in this week itself.

Return to “Quiz Discussion”