Appeal obo DPQL

Here you will find archived news items that, while no longer current, are nevertheless interesting enough to preserve for later perusal and reference.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Appeal obo DPQL

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:24 pm

The Derbyshire Pub Quiz League, more specifically the team from the Steam Packet in Swanwick, is URGENTLY trying to recruit one, two or three quizzers to "fill a hole" which has suddenly opened up beneath them. The Steam Packet, one of the League's most successful teams, and current holder's of one of the League's trophies, has lost three of its regular team members almost at a stroke, and is appealing for new players - in days rather than weeks. Can you help?!

The League is one of the the country's oldest established, having been in existence for more than thirty years. Matches are played on Wednesday nights (Oct-May) and are a blend of team and individual questions. For the keen quizzer, DPQL quizzes represent particularly good value, normally lasting for about 90 minutes.

The Steam Packet pub is very conveniently placed, less than a mile's drive from the A38 in East Derbyshire, a little north of Derby, and so accessible to quite a wide area.

Further details of the DPQL, including reams of sample quizzes, can be found on the league's website, together with information as to how to contact the league if interested or in need of further information.

Feel free to contact me (Chris Jones) if you are interested. I am now playing in my fourth season with the DPQL and can strongly recommend it!
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Appeal obo DPQL

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Good news. David Edwards reports that Howard Hall him he is now as confident as he reasonably can be that the Steam Packet team WILL be able to continue. Many thanks to all for their offers of help!

Chris
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Return to “Quiz News Archive”