British Quizzing Championships 2018

Information on all of the British and international quiz circuit events for this year.

All of our events are open. You can just come along and join in. We're a friendly bunch and our quizzes are very well-attended. Each event will have its own forum as the event approaches, so just watch out for details.

2018/19 Season

1 Sept - British Championships (Coventry & 9 Quest sites)
8 Sept - Americas GP (Quest sites)
6 October - Quest sites (i.e. local venues)
14 October - Americas GP (Quest sites)
3 November - Local venues
9-11 November - European Quizzing Championships, Venice
1 December - Local venues
8 December - Americas GP (Quest sites)
5 January - Coventry GP (includes BQC Pairs Championships)
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

British Quizzing Championships 2018

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:07 pm

This event is now taking place in a number of Quest locations around the country, as well as in the originally advertised venue at the Standard Triumph Club in Coventry. The need to add venues beyond those in Coventry and Edinburgh has been necessitated by the closure of Euston mainline railway station over the championships weekend. Please visit Quest for details of all venues, and to register your attendance.

Because we have to go for a multi-site event, the BQC Pairs event will now be held over until January next year - when everyone comes together in Coventry (weather and trains permitting!). This year, in addition to the Individual Championships, we will be having the Brows competition, restored to its original form of two papers each containing 100 questions. There will also be the regular Hot100 quiz, and a new Quizzing101 quiz, aimed at younger and novice players.

See you on 1 September!
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: British Quizzing Championships 2018

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:02 pm

If anyone is coming to Coventry this Saturday for the BQC who has yet to register on Quest, please do it asap as the venue is pushing me for numbers for catering purposes. I need to get back to them this afternoon. Thanks.

It would also help if you could remind me if you'd said previously that you don't like fish n chips (sorry, no alternatives, the venue is catering, I shall not be doing a run to the chippy).

If you plan to go to any other venue and have yet to register, please also get over to Quest and register. Questions are going in the post tomorrow. They have to go in Wendesday's post because Royal Mail's 'first class service' just isn't what it used to be. So please remember to sign up on Quest so we know around lunchtime tomorrow how many question packs need stuffing into each envelope for our 11 venues. Thanks
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Return to “Quiz Circuit Events”