Continuous Quiz: Movies

AbeFroman
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Continuous Quiz: Movies

Postby AbeFroman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Hooray. Yes Brad Pitt is in it for about a second looking directly at the camera.
If we are going to be brutal only Pantscat got any of the three answers without a clue so give him a chance to pick it up and if he doesn't maybe you or Trice could have a go.

trice
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby trice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Agreed. Pantscat deserves the shot... Glad I got something though. I'm not great at movies. On this site anyway...

AbeFroman
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby AbeFroman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:19 pm

OK, it's been four days and as I still have the baton can I ask either narkyiain or trice to revive this thread please.

narkyiain
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby narkyiain » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Although Trice is more deserving than me I'll try to get things moving again.

Which Best Actor Oscar winning role is on screen for the shortest time?

davidmfay
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Postby davidmfay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:00 pm

I haven't got the stopwatch out on this one but that is probably Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs ... large tracts of the film are taken up with the Buffalo Bill sub plot instead of the fava-crunching censustaker consumer.

narkyiain
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby narkyiain » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

We're moving again. Well done.

davidmfay
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Postby davidmfay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks. Which 1990's film, with a literary theme, featured both a current FA Premiership footballer and a pre-World War II Oscar-winning actress in it's listed cast?

EMon
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby EMon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree but this was too good a coincidence to not reply.

In school we've been studying Of Mice and Men for GCSE and we're going back to it now so to recap we started watching the movie just today. The credits at the start were incredibly long but I remember seeing someone called John Terry being involved.

I don't know the answer about the Oscar actress but to cut a long story short - is it Of Mice and Men?

If it is then it's pretty freaky and cool.

davidmfay
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Postby davidmfay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Nice try EMon but that's not the one. The John Terry in Gary Sinise's 1992 movie is an American actor apparently born in 1950. I know there are some creaky joints in the home dressing room at Stamford Bridge but not quite that creaky. The actress in question was one of the several considered for the role of Scarlett O Hara in Gone With The Wind (1939) and she was already a Hollywood legend and Oscar winner by that time. The player has featured both with a current London Premiership outfit and a current Midlands one.

davidmfay
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Postby davidmfay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh dear ... With apologies to all and especially EMon I seem to have mixed up my Zoltan Geras on this one. The footballer and the actor are emphatically not the same person. I was thinking of the Dostoyevsky-themed 1997 film The Gambler and the actress being Luise Rainer. More a case of The Idiot than the Gambler, I'm afraid.

With a dose of humble pie here's an alternative question: Of the numerous living winners of the Oscar for Best Leading Actor, who won his statuette furthest back? (the aforesaid Ms Rainer at 102 years of age, winner of Best Actress Oscar for 1936 and again for 1937 is the furthest back in the Best Actress category. I'm away to wallow in sackcloth and ashes .....

Return to “Continuous Quiz - Movies”