Unregistered Players At QUEST Events

News and views from Quizland.
Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unregistered Players At QUEST Events

Postby Jane » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:55 am

Following an incident yesterday where unregistered players turned up at a venue and took the papers of two registered players who were delayed, myself and the QUEST proctors have discussed what to do to prevent something like this from happening again.

So, here is what we will do:

1. QUEST closes at midnight on the Tuesday night before an event. If you haven't registered before then and you discover that you can attend, you must check that the proctor has a set of questions available for you. You can do this either by contacting the proctor directly or by dropping me a line at jane@quizzing.com

2. Papers will be guaranteed for registered players. If you have registered and you know you are unable to attend on the day, it would be very helpful if you could try to let the proctor know so he/she can release your paper to someone else if necessary

3. If you turn up on spec and there are no spare sets of questions, you will be turned away.

If you're not sure if you have registered, just log in to QUEST and click 'Quiz Entries' (top right). I will do a little instruction video after the EQC to show you all around QUEST.

For information, we always send out spare sets to all proctors. For this quiz, we sent out 200 sets in total and had around 140 registered at the time. We don't want to be any more wasteful than this.

Please remember that your proctors are volunteers. Without them, there would not be local events. Please don't put them in tricky situations that are not of their making.

If you have any problems registering via QUEST, just email support@quizzing.com - this sends an email to me and to Jules, the developer. We will help you.

Many thanks, and huge apologies to those who missed out yesterday and to the proctor who was left to deal with it.

Jane x

PS. If you have any issues with any of the above, please feel free to drop me a line via email.

Return to “Quiz News”