July 2019 UK Quest Grand Prix - Results

News and views from Quizland.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

July 2019 UK Quest Grand Prix - Results

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:00 pm

All of the July UK Quest Grand Prix scores are in are now online (link at the foot of this piece).
We here in Quizzing Towers and the 183 participants across the UK who played today offer our thanks to the Linge brothers, Aaron and Aidan for supplying this month’s well-received GP set. It is always nice to get a set written by two people whose aggregated age doesn’t even come close to mine own! And we were pleased to see a goodly proportion of players get through the once-mythic 100-points-barrier (with their five best genre scores). Today we had slightly more than 35% blast through it.

Special shout-outs to Daoud Jackson who just missed out on a Top 5 place, and to Pat Gibson who missed out on the three-way share of a Gold in Civilisation by just one tiebreaker answer! We also congratulate Steve Lilley on his top 10 finish (his first in a field of this size I fancy).

We heartily congratulate Didier Bruyère who has yet again topped the field, with a great score of 131.5. Runner up was Pat Gibson (129.2), Paul Sinha (128.7) was third, with Kevin Ashman (124.2) and David Stainer (122.4) completing the top five.

Here are the medal positions, by genre.

ACH
Gold : 28.3 - Ian Bayley
Silver : 28.1 - Kevin Ashman
Bronze: 27.1 - Andrew Frazer

CIV
1st = : 27.2 - Brian Chesney
1st = : 27.2 - Didier Bruyère
Bronze : 27.1 - Pat Gibson

ENT
Gold : 27.1 - Nic Paul
Silver : 27.0 - Paul Sinha
Bronze : 26.1 - Oliver Levy

LIF
Gold : 27.0 - Paul Sinha
Silver : 26.1 - Pat Gibson
Bronze : 24.3 - Alan Gibbs

PHW
Gold : 28.3 - Didier Bruyère
Silver : 27.4 - Pat Gibson
Bronze: 25.4 - David Stainer

S&G
Gold : 28.5 - Mark Preston
Silver : 27.5 - Didier Bruyère
Bronze: 27.1 - Gareth Aubrey

Many thanks to all competitors, and of course to the proctors - for your continued and invaluable support/help. Our next UK Grand Prix is the first Saturday in August, i.e. 3 August 2019.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Return to “Quiz News”