World's Worst Pub Quiz

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

World's Worst Pub Quiz

Postby Jane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 am

Last night, I went to a pub quiz. It was so bad that it was funny and it got me to thinking that we should compile the worst quiz ever using terrible questions that you've heard at pub quizzes. It's just for fun, so please don't mention the names of the setters/question masters.

Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: World's Worst Quiz

Postby Jane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:28 am

Here are some that people have posted on my Facebook page:

- Subtract my age from Michael Jackson's age when he died?
- How many Von Trapp children in the Sound of Music and can you name all 7 of them?
- Who was the best cricketer of all time?

DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: World's Worst Pub Quiz

Postby DanielFullard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:54 pm

In 2002 Tom Cruise starred in which Science Fiction movie directed by Steven Spielberg....and for a bonus name the year the film was released?

And twpfrom the same quiz night (2011)...

What British singer holds the record for the most songs from the same album entering the top 10? Answer: Katy Perry

Which current England Premier League football manager holds the record for longest time without a win after taking over a new club? Answer: Ron Atkinson

We lost the quiz by two points that night which is why I remember them fondly...or rather not fondly

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:04 pm

This is one I heard in a local pub quiz on January 4th this year: Q: "Which sport developed from a weapon that was used in Ireland for self defence in the 16th and 17th centuries?"

Run your mouse-over for the answer: Darts
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

tonyhightower

Postby tonyhightower » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:17 pm

I've been hosting for too long, and haven't been to too many truly horrible nights in a while. I'm sure I've asked some clunkers, but hopefully nothing as needlessly inflammatory as this one:

From Paul Paquet in Ottawa:

This was, without the doubt, the most horrible question I've ever heard, even though I'm normally pro-Palestinian: "Israel celebrated it's 60th anniversary as a country and sign of the apocalypse last week. Because Jews are never content with what they have, Israel has added on to the country over the years, gaining their own Lebensraum, if you will. They had to give the Sinai Peninsula back to Egypt in 1979, and the Gaza strip is in a limbo of control right now. What are the other two current Israel occupied territories?"

Moodymark
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Moodymark » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

In a pub quiz just pre-christmas one of the questions, set in all seriousness was?

Which football team are the 11th best of all time?

Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:12 pm

What was their answer???

Moodymark
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Moodymark » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:33 am

Jane wrote:What was their answer???

The answer given by the QM was Bayern Munich!

As to what or how the logic he used to reach the conclusion it was Bayern Munich.. who knows? :shock:

inspectorbucket
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby inspectorbucket » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

This thread has brought back memories of a music round on which we and one or two other teams played our jokers. Music was then played and we were required to name the artist(s).

Snatches from a few songs were played, there were many baffled looks and guesses being made and, eventually, every team scored nil points. It transpired that the songs had been taken from one of the free discs that used to be (and may still be) given away with newspapers. I have a number of them. The first (usually about) 8 songs are real songs by successful artists. The discs are then completed with songs that no one has ever heard of by people that no one has ever heard of, but are in the style of the first 8 or so.

Thankfully, we were allowed to play our joker on another round!

Sabrestar
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Sabrestar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 am

Who were the only 2 kings of England in 1800?

The Answer given was George I and George III. It turned out after the quiz the quiz master meant 18th century but that would still bring up the question what ever happened to George II (and William III for that matter).

Return to “Quiz Discussion”